Before this year’s TGO Challenge I sent my Tramplite to Marco at As Tucas to make some removable valances on the porch. Unfortunately he couldn’t finish them before the Challenge, so when I returned he mailed it to me at the beginning of June. Also in the parcel was my OookWorks Duomid nest, which he had done some work on, my Trailstar, which I’d lent him and some cuben stuffsacks. The package never reached me and after some enquiries it was returned to Marco by the courier (I don’t know who he used) at the end of June. At least it hadn’t been lost!
Marco made a second attempt to send me the parcel, this time using DHL. The parcel was sent at the end of June. After a week, it didn’t arrive, so Marco made enquiries with DHL. On the 19th of June it popped up at their Leipzig hub. I was promised it would be delivered the next week. The delivery date arrived, but no parcel. Further enquiries made but no answers. Unfortunately there was a mix up with communications with As Tucas, which meant I was in the dark for another two weeks. Then the parcel arrived back at As Tucas, six weeks after it had been originally sent.
There were profuse apologies from Marco, although it wasn’t his fault (communication could have been a bit better). After checking the contents were still ok, Marco despatched it by UPS. This time I had the tracking details, so I nervously followed its progress across Spain to France and then to the UK.
Miraculously, the parcel arrived today. To say I’m relieved is an understatement. It’s been very stressful and I’m glad I’ve got my Tramplite back. Hopefully, in September, I’ll finally be able to use it. As for DHL, I’d never willingly use them again.