This week, I’ve made a few simple changes to my Mariposa rucksack.
1) Reflective strip. I sewed a small reflective strip on to the lid so that I will be more visible to traffic, should I be walking on a road when it’s dark. It didn’t take long and doesn’t spoil the aesthetics of the pack 🙂
2) New lid cords. The old cords are fine but they dangle. I replaced them with some bright orange cord that I used on my Nitro Lite. The stop the cords whipping around in the wind, I added a loop. I also used a cord toggle to make it look more tidy. As someone unkindly pointed out, it looks a bit like a light switch cord 😉
3) New lid mod. Regular readers will remember that I replaced the cord system for closing the throat of the lid with a karabiner. To make it even easier to close, I added some cord loops. This mod won’t be applicable to the very latest version as it is now closed with a buckle clip.
All pretty simple and quick to do.